Duncan’s Building

Building Details

Name of Building: Duncan’s Building
Location: 135-165 High Street,
Date Plaque Unveiled: February, 2021
Current Owners: Private owners (commercial)
Contact Details:  
Plaque Sponsor:  


Brief Historical Information:

Duncan's Buildings are an Edwardian terrace built for Miss E R Duncan, who also resided and conducted a stationery and fancy goods store in one of the shops. It was built in 1905 and contained 16 individual shops and first floor dwellings.

It was designed by Alfred (1865-1924) and Sidney (1872-1932) Luttrell. The Luttrell Brothers settled in the city in 1902 and became particularly known for their commercial architecture, racing grandstands and Catholic churches.

Restoration and Current Owner Story

Coming soon...

Photo Gallery

Click on any image to see a larger copy