Ashford’s Mill House

Ashford’s Mill House


Building Details

Name of Building: Ashford’s Mill House
Location: 415-429 West Street,
Ashburton, 7700
Date Plaque Unveiled: 15th May, 2019
Current Owners: Ashford’s Craft Village
Contact Details:  
Plaque Sponsor:  


Brief Historical Information:

Designed by England Brothers (architects), this house was built by J Smith & Son in 1912 for the manager of the Canterbury Roller Flour Mill, Mr Derisley Wood. The Mill was first established on this site in 1873 and was purchased by Wood Brothers in 1900.

It has a Heritage NZ Cat II Listing.

Restoration and Current Owner Story

Coming soon...

Related Links

Photo Gallery

Click on any image to see a larger copy